Sunday, October 13, 2013

Space Camp

Space Camp, that amazing place you go as a kid that lets you escape reality. A place that takes you to places that you could never go in your lifetime. A place that gets your heart racing about things that don't even exist. A place that exhilarates you. A place that you are so sad to leave. A place that you can't wait to go back to again.

What is my space camp?

It seems that as the years go on my mind moves farther from the fun space camp of my childhood to the boring space camp of adulthood. But is this new space camp actually boring?

No.

I can assure you that this space camp brings me more joy than the old one could ever hope of doing. My space camp has moved from toy stores, ice cream, and Disney land to the more important things in life. At least the things that are more important to me.

I know we have already written about love but I'm going to take you back there for a moment. My space camp is my love, it is spending time with those around me who really matter. Spending time with the people who I love and the people who love me back. It's about spending time with her, the girl that I am forever in love with. The girl who not only manages to love me back just as much as I love her but manages to put up with me everyday.

My space camp whether I were to die in 8 weeks or 80 years is to be with her. Because she is what truly matters to me. She is what is going to matter to me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment